Creating and building a website isn’t a tedious task requiring professional developers and designers anymore. With WordPress, creating a beautiful website has never been easier. It’s no wonder that it is our favorite CMS platforms then. If you were wondering how to create a WordPress site then you’re in luck. To make your way to the WordPress entrepreneurship more easier and trouble free, we have taken the time to create this ultimate guide to walk you through the process.
Why Create a WordPress Site?
WordPress is one of the leading website platforms covering almost 60 percent in CMS share and 28 percent of the whole internet, thus meaning that every other person might own a WordPress website. From business entrepreneurs to companies and magazines and shops, to even personal blogs dealing with travel, food, and fashion, you can find them all using WordPress.
Whether to help your business flourish or establish your personal or corporate brand, the internet can be of great help. If you do not own a website, then what are you waiting for? In this day and age, there is no reason for you to not get one.
Although creating a full-fledged WordPress website may be a long process, we have highlighted the key elements that as a beginner, you should know. We have divided the whole process of creating a WordPress website in basic steps. Once you are done with these steps, you can move to our other articles pertaining to different parts of managing a WordPress site. For your convenience, they have been divided into different categories.
Now without further ado, let’s walk you through the steps to create a WordPress site.
Creating a WordPress Website: Step by Step Guide
The first step to creating a website is to get a domain name. If you aren’t aware, a domain name is more or less the address of your website. In order to access a website (for example, Google), you will need to use its domain name (Google.com). Since internet users are going to use your domain name to visit your site, you will have to be careful while picking one.
You should generally try to get a domain name that matches the content of your website. Aside from that, it is also important that the domain suffix matches your website. For eg- .com for commercials, .org or organizations and .net for network. Below is a list of some of the best domain name registrars around that you should check out.
|Logo||Name||Price for a top-level domain (1st year)||Key Features||Official Site|
|NameCheap||.com – $8.88
.org – $12.98
|Free WHOIS Protection as long as your domain is with Namecheap.
One integrated email account FREE
|GoDaddy||.com – $2.99*/$17.99
.org – $11.99
|WHOIS Privacy Protection for $7.99/yr
Professional email for $1.49 per user/mo.
||Bluehost||.com – $11.99
.org – $8.99
|Domain Privacy Protection for $11.88/ yr
Custom email with G Suite for $5/mo.
|Domain.com||.com – $9.99
.org – $14.99
|Privacy Protection for $8.99/yr
G Suite Email for $4.17/ mo.
|Name.com||.com – $8.99
.org – $12.99
|WHOIS Privacy Protection for $3.99/ yr
Name.com Email for $1.67/mo. (1 Address)
The next step is to get a web hosting service to go ahead and get your website started. A web hosting services provider will give you all the technologies necessary for your site to become a part of the internet.
You have many options to choose from here, such as Shared Hosting, VPS, Dedicated hosting and Managed WordPress hosting. When it comes to hosting services, the best one depends heavily on your specific needs and preferences. Just remember to take your time and carefully choose the one that fits your needs the best. You can see a list of the best hosting services available below.
|Logo||Name||Plan||Price/ Month||Features||View All Plans|
50GB Web Space
||A2 Hosting||Lite||$3.92/mo.||1 Website
|Visit A2 Hosting|
|Hostinger||Single WordPress Hosting||$1.45/mo.||1 Website
10GB Web Space
10GB Web Space
|DreamHost||Shared Hosting||$4.95/mo.||1 Website
After getting yourself a domain name and hosting service plan, you can now start our tutorials on how to create a WordPress website. We have made tutorials that deal with a specific topic to guide you without any confusions.
Go through each one and the result will be the beautiful WordPress site that you’ve always wished for.
- Install WordPress
- Find the WordPress Login URL
- Install the Themes and Templates
- Install Plugins
- Set the Home Page
- Add a New WordPress Post
Your task doesn’t end here. As the site administrator, you will have to look after your website’s overall performance, online visibility, and everything that matters including design, speed, and security, to just name a few.
To help you through every step of creating your WordPress guide we’ve created this list of comprehensive guides to help you. Each section is individually divided to tackle multiple issues regarding WordPress website management.
Managing your WordPress Website
1. Dealing with WordPress Plugins:
One of the biggest merits of WordPress is the ability to add plugins to your site. Plugins are basically tools designed to add certain functionality or services to your WordPress site. They are very helpful for people who want additional functionalities for their site. While installing and managing plugins might seem complicated at first glance, it’s surprisingly easy once you get the hang of it. To help you out with that, here is a collection of articles on various topics relating to WordPress plugins.
- Update WordPress Plugins Manually
- Install WordPress Plugins & Themes from GitHub
- Widgets Vs Plugins: The Crucial differences
- 8 Of the Best WordPress Plugins
2. Managing and Customizing Themes:
While content is no doubt important, it’s important for your site to look and feel amazing for your visitors. A well-designed theme is absolutely necessary if you want your site to leave a positive impression on your visitors. Fortunately for you, there are thousands of themes, both free and premium, created for WordPress. The following guides will teach you all you need to know about WordPress themes.
- Change a WordPress Theme
- Delete a Theme in WordPress
- Free vs Premium WordPress Theme
- 8 Tips To Consider Before Changing WordPress Themes
- Use the Cenote theme to Create a Blog
- Start a News Website using ColorMag
- 8 of the Best WordPress Theme Marketplaces
3. Enabling Various Features and Functions for your Site:
Now that you have a basic site ready, you can now move onto adding all the necessary features. WordPress is highly versatile and allows you to add all sorts of functions to your site from buttons, and widgets to even contact forms. Check out the articles below and see which of these features are needed for your site.
- Add Widgets to WordPress Sidebars and Footers
- Add a Button to Improve Interaction on your Website
- Add a Mega Menu for better Site Navigation
- Add various Social Media Icons
- Integrate Google Adsense to Monetize your Site
- Create a Professional Contact Form
- Create a Feedback Form for Clients
4. Setting Up and Using WordPress Embeds:
With WordPress, you can directly include certain types of content from other websites into your own using embeds. For example, instead of hosting a video on your site, you can simply embed the video from YouTube. Embeds are pretty easy to use and can add improve your site by a lot when used effectively. The following articles are going to help you understand them even further.
- Embed Videos from Various 3rd Party Websites
- Embed Google Maps onto your Site
- Embed Google Forms for Easy Online Surveys
- Embed Google Slides Presentations for Professional Slideshows
5. Crucial Site Management Tips:
It is absolutely crucial to know the inner workings of your website so that you can manage it effectively. While managing your site might seem like a challenging task for new site owners, using WordPress makes it much more convenient. These articles are going to show you how to do so without any sort of hassle. Once you get a hang of it, this will become natural.
- Use FTP to Manage WordPress
- Install WordPress Locally on XAMPP
- Uninstall and Re-Install WordPress
- A Simple Guide to WordPress User Roles
- Back-Up Your WordPress Website Using Plugins
- Manually Update WordPress
- Reset a WordPress Website
- Delete a WordPress Blog or a Website
- Add SSL and HTTPS to your WordPress for Additional Security
6. Additional Design Tips:
Now that you have everything set up, you can move on to tweaking the looks of your site even further. There are a ton of different things you can do to make your site feel unique to your visitors. Take a look at these articles and you will be able to customize everything to your liking!
- Create a Website from Scratch Using Page Builders
- Turn the Header into an Engaging Slideshow
- Remove the Sidebar from your Website
- Customize the WordPress Dashboard
- Change the Color Schemes for your Dashboard
- Add Custom Fonts to your Content
- Insert Tables onto WordPress Posts
- Edit the Footer in WordPress Theme or Website
- Hide the Page Title in WordPress
7. Adding Media to WordPress:
When done well, adding media files to your site can make it much more lively and interesting. You can add beautiful images and create striking galleries that perfectly complement the content of your website. Furthermore, you can add them to all parts of your site. WordPress allows for a surprising amount of flexibility in that regard. These articles can teach you how to do that in no time at all.
- Add a Background Image to your website.
- Enable Music for your Site by Embedding a Spotify Playlist.
- Add an Image to the Sidebar
- Create a Photo Gallery in WordPress
- Add an Image Caption in your Posts
- A Guide to WordPress Featured Image Size
- Add Header Images to your WordPress website
- Allow Users to Add Images in the comments
- Edit Images Using the WordPress Image Editor
8. Extra Nifty Tips for WordPress Users:
There’s still much more to learn about running a WordPress site. It’s very important to keep updating your knowledge. Here are a few helpful tips that every site owner can use.
- Clear WordPress Cache for a Faster Site
- Edit, Add and Delete Various Categories
- Change the Font Size for your Content
- Add Meta Descriptions for Posts and Pages
- Add Rich Snippets to Present an Overview of your Content
- Use Reusable WordPress Blocks for the Gutenberg Editor
Growing your WordPress Website
After creating a beautiful WordPress blog for you to start out, you now need to get the people to view your site. For you to maintain a stable visit rate, you can customize and optimize your blog. Make sure your blog is SEO friendly with appealing design and content. It is important for you to constantly update and upload fresh contents every now and then.
Another important aspect of blogging and starting an online business is analytics. This will help you keep track of the visitors on our website, content, and conversations. Overall, this will help you maintain a monitored control over your website.
With our collection of simple and thorough tutorials, we hope it will be easier for you to create your own WordPress website. If you have any confusions, please let us know in the comment section below.