Beginner’s Guide To Create a Professional Contact Form! How To and Why?
When it comes to managing and owning a WordPress website, there are tons of elements and components you need to keep in mind. From the design to the overall content that you would focus on, and even the little things like fonts and color schemes to match the overall niche of your site, the task is pretty much a huge responsibility. However, the one thing that most people seem to miss out on is a professional contact form. But why is that so important? Well, there are a bunch of reasons as to why you need to integrate one! And to highlight those points, let’s talk about it in-depth.
Why is A WordPress Contact Form Important?
- Security: One of the major importance of a WordPress Contact Form is for the security of your site against spamming. When you display your email-addresses out in public, you might not realize that you are putting your emails and security at risk. Spambots are designed to find exposed email addresses all over the internet and the next thing you know, your inbox is filled with hundreds and hundreds of spam messages. So the best thing you can do to prevent this is to add a contact form. These usually filter the spam messages keeping you and your professional emails intact, secure and legit.
- Convenience: When a visitor or a client wishes to contact you regarding any of your services or professional reasons, it is convenient if they find an easy and quick way to contact you. And adding a contact form is a perfect way. While adding social media icons and links or contact details are also an option, but those might not always be the efficient way. So why not switch to a simple, clean and professional contact form?
- Collecting details:Another major reason is that with a contact form is that it is extremely easy to collect the details of your clients. With a detailed form that your clients fill out when reaching out to you, it gives you the opportunity to save all of the details the clients provide. Another great thing is that you can easily spot the most frequently asked question and common issues solving them once and for all.
- Feedbacks and Multiple Purposes: A contact form can be used for multiple purposes. Apart from collecting details and following up on your client’s queries, you can set up the option for them to reach out for other reasons. Whether it is for business proposals, sales queries, or even to provide feedbacks, a contact form can be a great and effective solution.
- Additional Advantages: With a contact form, you can also integrate additional features with ease. For example, you can also enable options using third-party plugins and software like MailChimp, Campaign Monitor and more to subscribe to email Newsletter. Building prospects and improving you and your client relationship are no doubt easier with a Contact Form.
How To Create a WordPress Contact Form Using a Plugin?
Now that we have highlighted the overall aspect of why a professional Contact form can be a blessing for your site, let’s talk about how to get one or create one for your website! And for this purpose, we will be using the help of a WordPress Contact Form plugin. While there are several that you can choose from, today we will be using the plugin Everest Forms. Simply follow the steps that we will elaborate below and get a professionally designed form that is perfect for your site within a few minutes.
Step 1: Choosing the Right Contact Form Plugin
There are possibly hundreds of choices that you can find out there for a free or a premium Contact Form plugin! And quite possibly you might get lost in the array of variations, so how do you choose the right one? For starters, we have chosen the plugin Everest Forms based on these Features:
- Everest Forms is absolutely Free! While there is a premium version that you can switch to, all the basic features you need is included with the free package.
- Unlimited form creation option without any restrictions.
- Beginner friendly and easy-to-use infrastructure.
- Supports multiple column layouts and multiple email recipient.
- Responsive and mobile-friendly design structure.
Step 2: Installing and Activating the WordPress Plugin
We have discussed in-depth about this process in our other Beginner’s Guide. So if you have any problem with the procedure, you can refer to the post here. And for your reference, you can install the plugin that we have used in the tutorial with the link down here.
Step 3: Creating a WordPress Contact Form Using Everest Forms
Once installed and activated, you will see a newly added option Everest Forms on your Dashboard. Click on the menu and then select Add New.
Once you are redirected, you can see the option to add details and start creating. Add a form a name, here we will just be naming it New Contact Form. You can then choose a template to start with. Here we are just going with the default Contact Form template available. This will give you a basic framework of what a contact form should look like and you can easily modify any elements to your preference later.
Once the template loads, you can then go ahead and simply drag and drop the pre-built elements that you require.
There are General Fields where you get options for Names, Multiple Choice, Dropdown, Number, Email and Checkboxes. The Advanced fields contain more complex fields like options for File Upload, Website URL, Date, Hidden Fields and more. The third choice for Payment option deals with payment fields for a single item, checkboxes, total, and more.
You can add or remove any components that you want or don’t want in the form. Save the Changes and you are good to go! Saving the Changes adds the newly created form onto the list of the previously existing ones. As you can see, there are specific codes representing each form you create.
Step 3: Adding The Contact Form On Your Site!
Now that we have created a form that perfectly sums up the overall requirements of your site, it is now time to add them on the page or post you want to display the contact form on.
For this, simply go to your Dashboard, and select either Posts or Pages whichever you want. Then simply go ahead and select Add New. Here to show you guys an example, we will be creating a new Post.
Once you are redirected to the new post page, there you will see a newly added menu for Add Form on the Post Editor. After you click on the option, you will see a pop-up menu that shows the list of the forms that you have created. Select the name of the form you just created and click Add Form.
But if you have updated to the latest WordPress, then you can find the option to add forms under Widgets or Most Used Category as Everest Forms. The block editor will then allow you to choose a specific form that you have created.
As you can see, a new clean and professional form has appeared on the Dashboard. Make the necessary changes with the post. Add the title, add the contents you wish and finalize the post as per your preference. Once you are done, simply Publish the end result and you are done. A professional and simple WordPress Contact Form is ready!
So with this, we end our simple to follow guide on How to Create a Professional WordPress Contact Form and Add it on your website! We hope that this easy tutorial was as user-friendly as we meant it to be. But if you still have any question regarding the process, feel free to leave a comment down in the comment section below. We highly appreciate any feedback so do not hesitate at all! And if you found this WordPress tutorial helpful, here are some more of our useful WordPress guides that might interest you!
- Everything You Need To Know About GDPR compliance!
- What is a WordPress Child Theme & How to Install One?
- How To BackUp WordPress? 3 Best WordPress Backup Plugins!